This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to the Company contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
The Company does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to the Company or on the Website. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. What Information Does Inspyer Lighting Collect?
- Information You Provide to Us:
We receive any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, during the registration process, we collect Personal Information such as your name, user name, profession, email address, IP address, and browser information. We may collect other Personal Information you provide us through your use of our services, such as the data you submit on our lighting profiles, collections, guides, or comments. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Information Collected Automatically:
Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, "cookie" information, and the page you requested. Some of this automatically collected information may or may not be Personal Information, depending on whether it is personally identifiable in nature or not.
- When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”). Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
- When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often customers use parts of the Website, so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners so that they can understand how often people use their services and our Website and can provide you with an optimal online experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
- E-mail and Other Communications: We may contact you, by email, through your account, or other means; for example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses or communicate with you about your use of the Website. If you do not want to receive email, alerts, or other mail from us, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of an email (if applicable), or by adjusting the notifications settings of your user account. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make emails more interesting and improve our service.
- What are Cookies
- What cookies do we use?
Generally, our cookies perform one of three different functions:
Strict cookies: these help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. These are strictly required cookies and the website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Functional Cookies: these enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Analytics and Statistics cookies: these help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing and Retargeting cookies: these are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
You can view and update your cookie preferences here:
You can also set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page.
- How to enable and disable cookies using your browser
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. These controls vary by browser, and manufacturers may change both the settings they make available and how they work at any time. As of 23 June 2021, you may find additional information about the controls offered by popular browsers at the links below. Certain parts of the Inspyer Lighting website may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use.
For all other browsers please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.
- Contact us
4. Will Inspyer Lighting Share Any of the Information It Receives?
We share your Personal Information (in personally identifiable form) with third parties only as described below.
- Advertisers: We may allow advertisers to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and we may provide information we have collected from you to an advertiser in non-personally-identifiable form, in order for that advertiser to select the appropriate audience for its advertisements. For example, we might use the fact you submitted a comment regarding a specific light to present you with related content, including similar lights or targeted advertisements. We do not do this in a way that would identify you personally.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: In certain situations, businesses we're affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Website (either alone or jointly with us). We may, for example, sell products or provide services jointly with affiliated businesses. You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. For example, if you were to engage in a credit card transaction via the Website, we would need to allow a credit card processing company to verify the transaction; however, that company would only be authorized to use your credit card information to the extent we needed their assistance in completing your transaction.
- User Profiles and Submissions: You understand that we cannot control what other users do with any content (including without limitation images, captions, and comments) you voluntarily disclose for such users to view on the Website ("User Submissions"). We cannot control if you make your User Submissions publicly available and to be collected and used by others, or to be redistributed through the internet and other media channels. For example, if you post a comment regarding a light, that information will be available to the public.
- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of Inspyer Lighting and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Inspyer Lighting, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
5. How long do we keep your data for?
The Company will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
6. Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavour to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
7. What Personal Information Can I Access?
You can access the following information by visiting our GDPR Compliance page
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Marketing preferences
- Order details
From the GDPR Compliance page you can also request a report of your personal data and request personal data deletion
The information you can view and update through your account may change as the Website changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. What Choices Do I Have?
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to the Company on our GDPR Compliance page or by contacting our customer services team email@example.com. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same methods to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by the Company regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You are also free to close your account through our account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point (as per section 7)
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, go to our GDPR Compliance page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can always opt not to disclose information to use, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our special features.
10. Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.