Anglepoise Type 1228 Desk Lamp with Clamp
The 2017 versions of the Type 1228 combines Sir Kenneth Grange’s original, much-loved design, with newly refined updates, including a new streamlined base, ergonomic switch system and elegantly pared down colour palette.
With this design you can now clamp the Type 1228 desk lamp to any horizontal surface of between 6mm and 50mm thick, the Type Range clamp is now scaled down and colour-matched to its corresponding products, and is more compact, convenient and versatile than ever before.
The shade on the Type 1228™ desk lamp has always rotated to provide both functional and ambient light and now it boasts an even more smoothly integrated switch too, making it easier to use. Available in granite grey, ice white and ocean blue.
Delivery in 5-7 business days.
International shipping available.
As from January 2020 all Anglepoise products are guaranteed for life. See below for more details.
- Twin layer coloured polypropylene shade
- Brushed aluminium shade cap, switch cover and arms
- Bright chrome plated bridle and fittings
- Cast iron base with aluminium cover
- Anglepoise® constant tension spring technology
- Shade diameter: 17cm
- Shade height: 18cm
- Max reach: 66cm (from base to shade)
- Base diameter: 19.5cm
- Cable length: 200cm
- Lamp Packaging (L x W x H): 27.8cm x 19.4cm x 46.8cm
- Lamp Packaged Weight: 4.23kg
- Voltage 220/240V, 50/60Hz
- Class II - Double insulated
- Note: Bulb weight critical for balance. Approximate bulb weight 25-60g
- Shade mounted switch
- Plug: 3-pin UK plug to BS 1363
- E27 lamp holder
- Maximum permitted bulb: 20W CFL / 10W LED E27
- Supplied with compatible 5.5W LED E27 bulb
- Luminous Intensity: 470lm
- Life: 15,000 Hours
- Colour Temperature: 2700K
- CRI (Ra): 80
GUARANTEED FOR LIFE
Anglepoise aim to stop the tidal wave of products that are designed for obsolescence and destined for landfill. If you do have a problem with your Anglepoise and you’ve made all the obvious checks (lightbulb, tightening of any screws etc) then please contact them directly via their website and they'll follow a four-step process:
- If it’s a quick and easy repair, they'll send you replacement parts so that you can get your light working again. They can talk you through what you need to do.
- If you need a bit more help, they’ll organise for your light to be repaired
- If they really can’t repair your lamp, they will replace it and...
- Commit to recycling your lamp responsibly!
Please ensure you register your product within 90 days of purchase.